Lynette Renda is a writer, with a masters in Fine Art and Creative Writing. She’s written 2 novels as well as abundant online content. Lynette is also a motivational speaker and coach and has an active Facebook group called Motivate Me Ultimate Support System. She was an English teacher in a school for 12 years before moving on to become entirely devoted to entrepreneurship. Lynette believes mindfulness has delivered focus and clarity directly to her doorstep and as a result it has ultimately changed her life.
- Website: motivatemepodcast.com
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Podcast: Motivate Me (Join the Motivate Me Ultimate Support System on Facebook)
Most Influential Person
- Dr. Wayne Dyer (Lynette has ‘Inner Wisdom', Volume 1 and 2 and she listens to his podcast)
Effect on Emotions
- It's given me permission to be empathetic, to touch base with my feelings in a way that lets me [connect] like with nature, it puts me in a place that allows me to feel more openly and regularly without me thinking there's something wrong with me.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Getting more oxygen into your body is great for your body, your energy levels and your focus. Specifically getting six deep breaths at a time is really great for your body and your energy level. Also what I've learned is that listening to your breath during meditation can calm yourself down … it's about listening to your breath. Doing that distracts you from everything else that's going around, enough to relax.
- App: Headspace
Advice for Newbie
Take the time to really understand what it means to be mindful and to understand that by being mindful you are really building a relationship with yourself. It is going to change your entire life and your entire perspective on life. Be mindful, get to know yourself better and look at the world through those new lenses. You will see that you're going to get more out of life because of it.