Tom Singer is a professional master of ceremonies and keynote speaker for corporate, law firms, and convention audiences. He's also authored 12 books on the power of business relationships, sales, networking, presentation skills, and entrepreneurship. Tom is also the host of the Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do podcast where he interviews business leaders who possess an extra dose of the entrepreneurial spirit. Stories from Tom's interviews are shared with his clients and he challenges people to be more engaged and enthusiastic in all of their actions.
- Website: www.ThomSinger.com
- Podcast: Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do
- LinkedIn / Twitter / IG / YouTube @ThomSinger
- Facebook: @ThomSingerSpeaker
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- I think that As I've gone into this whole 50 to 75 plan that I'm shepherding, I think that being mindful of experiences and of saying yes to things, of not getting stressed, of not getting pissed, of just doing all that, I think the emotion that it has triggered more than anything else is joy.
- I think because I am mindful, that I'm going to have a good time.
- I think it has unleashed that emotion of joy and I think my wife sees it. I think my kids see it. I think my friends see it. I think my clients see it, so I think that's how mindfulness has affected my emotions.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I don't think that [mindfulness has affected my breathing] other than the fact that it brings oxygen into my lungs that then goes into my blood and goes to my brain.
- So when I first started running and I couldn't run a mile and I hired my friend who was a runner to kind of coach me through it. He actually pushed me too hard and I triggered asthma that I hadn't had in years.
- I almost had to go to the hospital. I certainly hadn't used an inhaler in forever. I had to go to the doctor and everything else. So I was mindful of breathing when I couldn't.
- But the rest of the time, for some reason, once I got up to where I was running three to five miles and then five to 10 miles throughout the training, I rarely am that winded.
- Book: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Dr. Stephen Covey
- App: My camera app because I pay more attention to things that are photo worthy and maybe that's mindful.
“When you are mindful of your purpose in any conversation, you leave a legacy.” Thom Singer