Teresa Przetocki works with companies to help them implement corporate wellness as a business strategy. Teresa is on a mission to create thriving communities within the workplace and she shares real-time examples of how to include mindfulness into employee wellness programs. Teresa is founder and CEO of C&P Wellness Consultants. She's a board certified public health professional, a certified Well Coaches Health and Wellness Coach and she holds her Masters in public health.
- Company: CP Wellness Consultants
- Website: www.CPWellnessConsultants.com
- Social Media: @TeresaPrzetocki
Most Influential Person
- My Grandmother and also my Husband
Effect on Emotions
- Oh, that's a really good question. So I would say that mindfulness allows me to put a separation between my emotions.
- So we're very emotional beings and sometimes we let emotions kind of override us and we think, oh, I'm feeling this way so this is all of my reality right now.
- I think what mindfulness really has this amazing capacity to do is to bring awareness to it, but then put a separation into it.
- So then you can look at it non-judgmentally and really say, hey, I'm feeling this way, you know, what does that mean or, hey, I'm feeling this way. And just let it, let it be.
Thoughts on Breathing
- So I've been trying to meditate, I would say a good three years now and I'm excited to get to your book recommendations because I have a great book for you that I want you to actually read. And then I'd actually like to hear what you have to say about it after you read it. But I'm.
- So whenever you hear of mindfulness or meditation, the first thing that any kind of teacher has said is go to your breath.
- So I, in my personal experience, have found this to be incredibly easy. It refocuses you, it's always accessible and it just automatically calms me.
- One of the things that I do with breathing is I like to count to 10 or 20. When you breathe in, it's one breathe out. It's two. And so I normally go to either 10 or 20 and then restart it and I try to do that for a good five to 10 minutes.
- Book: Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch
- Book: Bliss More: How To Succeed in Meditation Without Really Trying by Light Watkins
- App: Gratitude 365