Pompe Strater-Vidal is a monk in the Soto lineage of Zen Buddhism and has been teaching meditation for over 35 years. She studied art at the San Francisco Art Institute and at Anderson Ranch in Colorado and is trained specifically in Shodo, the Japanese Zen art of brush calligraphy. Pompe recently hosted the Relax and Breathe Summit, an on-line event where amazing guests helped the audience learn simple mindfulness breathing techniques to release tension and reduce stress.
- Website: www.RelaxAndBreatheSummit.com
- Website: www.PompeStraterVidal.com
- email: email@example.com
Most Influential Person
- Suzuki Rochi
Effect on Emotions
- I've learned to dis-identify from my emotional reactions, so less reactive.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is a crucial element of mindfulness practice. Breathing is something we always do when we're alive. If I bring my awareness to breathing , it always pulls me back into the present moment. It's very simple, I can do it wherever I am, whatever I'm doing.
- Book: Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind by Shunryu Suzuki Rochi
- App: www.RelaxAndBreatheSummit.com A 3 Video Series Called Relax and Breathe Now
Advice for Newbie
I would say give it a shot. What have you got to lose … some stress?