JB Glossinger is host and creator of The Morning Coach; a successful podcast that's been downloaded over 22 million times. JB is a speaker, a coach and an author. He holds advanced degrees in business and metaphysics. His degrees provide great credibility but JB says his street education is what has delivered the best life-changing lessons. He's talking about black eyes, being near bankruptcy and more. JB is the author of The Sacred Six: The Simple Step By Step Process For Focusing Your Attention and Recovering Your Dreams.
Most Influential Person
- Eckhart Tolle (Author of The Power of Now)
Effect on Emotions
- It's huge. I wish I could stay in it more. You know, I wish I could be more mindful.
- I don't believe in emotional control. I believe in emotional command, which means you just understand it.
- Viktor Frankl, who was in a concentration camp as a psychologist, said, you know, suffering stops being suffering when you understand it.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing's big. I mean, if you start to understand the fundamentals of meditation, a lot of people don't know how to do it, really if you just focus on your breath.
- Just concentrating on the breathing in and out is probably the most basic form of meditation that brings you mindfulness.
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- Book: The Sacred Six: The Simple Step By Step Process For Focusing Your Attention and Recovering Your Dreams by JB Glossinger
- Book: A Course In Miracles by Helen Schucman
- App: N/A
- I actually am very blessed and that I got along with everybody. I never really had any issues.
- I got along, back in the day when we were going to school. We had stoners, we called them hoods and jocks and I wasn't any of that. I was a nerd that played sports and listened to death metal, so I never really got bullied because I got on. I got along with the nerds because I loved computers. We had the old apples and I would play dungeons, dragons with them.
- Then I'd go play football and basketball with the jocks and then I would go hang out with the nerds and smoke a cigarette and listen to metallica.
- So I got along with everybody. I never really had an issue with that and I'm very blessed because I know that's a big issue for a lot of people.
- I think if you can learn from me being diverse and not getting involved in just one particular click.
- I think it helps anybody that's being bullied, just try to understand where other people come from instead of seeing them and judging them because they listened to some death metal. Get to know them, you know, and the nerds.
- People are people and I think that's what stopped me from ever being bullied because I had people in all the circles that I got along with.
- Bullying in business – Business is an odd thing because you know, when I first started, when I went from free to paid in 2009, it was brutal.
- I had people say, JB, you're a jerk. I mean you can look at the reviews. There's 53 negative reviews still on itunes about how bad I was. I can't believe you're trying to make money at this. You know, and I'm like, God, I did this for two years and it hurt me. I mean, I cried.
- It was devastating that day. I mean people were hateful, but what I learned is that I had 12,000 people in a website and 10 percent of them came with me, twelve hundred of them.
- There's an old song says, love the one you're with. That's when I realized I can't please everybody, and I don't want the people I can't please.
- I'm going to build my business around those people that love me and work with me.
- And honestly I had trouble back in the day when I was free because you were still getting everybody.