Benjamin Tyler is an engineer by day, working in the field of water treatment, and specifically disaster management recovery. Benjamin is a podcaster and coach by night. Benjamin shares stories and details about interesting guests in his podcast, An Evolving Lifestyle. Benjamin works with select clients to help them create lifestyles where they thrive in three main areas: professionally, personally, and in their relationships.
- Website: www.anevolvinglifestyle.com
- Podcast: An Evolving Lifestyle
Most Influential Person
- A guy in a community where I used to do service work in Haiti. His name was Gabby. He was the community leader there. He lived in the present.
Effect on Emotions
- I have created a lot of internal stresses upon myself and internal demands and mindfulness has released that. I don't have that kind of stress anymore because I understand that every day I'm growing stronger and I can only do so much.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I'm a chest breather and I've just recently started working on my breathing. I've been doing Yoga for two years and I've realized what breathing's done there. I'm trying to bring it into my daily life more.
- Book: Introducing NLP: Psychological Skills for Understand and Influencing People (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) by Joseph O'Connor
- App: Pen and Paper
Advice for Newbie
The thing that really helped me in my life (I started getting into mindfulness without knowing what it really was) was asking myself ‘why'. Why am I feeling this way? Why am I carrying this tension right now? Ask yourself, why am I feeling this way. Answer those questions even when you don't want to know the answer.