Andrew Darlow is an award-winning photographer, writer, consultant and product developer. He specializes in helping people take better photos, organize their images and videos, and create prints from their work. He has appeared on many radio and TV programs, including WOR Radio (NYC), Animal Planet, WLOB (Boston) and KCTY (CA), and his work has been featured in numerous magazines and websites, including People Magazine, Professional Photographer and Women’s World Magazine. The author of four photo-related books, his newest book, Focus and Filter, covers tips and techniques for taking better photos, finding the right equipment and organizing your gear. He has also just launched a video course to accompany the book. Additional tips, more excerpts from the book and links to free video training can be found at www.WorkflowSchool.com.
- Website: www.WorkflowSchool.com
Most Influential Person
- My Dad.
Effect on Emotions
- I believe that when you try to do good for others and you try to think about ways in which your actions can impact the world in some way, I think that's mindfulness.
- Often thinking about yourself can also benefit others. I think the basic system of capitalism in that you think about yourself and your family, but you also then in many cases are creating products and services to help others.
- That's kind of the business side also and the philosophy side of mindfulness.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Well, until I started meditating, I didn't realize the power of breathing, but now that I've done it so many times and I've followed my breath in and out, I can see it even more.
- I recently listened to a meditation and the gentleman was saying something like; realize that even when you're not aware of your breathing, you are breathing. So that's some heavy stuff.
- Okay, so I'm not thinking about my breathing, but it's still happening. So there's a lot of things related to that that get a little bit deep about life in general and the way our minds work.
- Book: Man's Search For Meaning by Viktor Frankl
- App: www.PhotoEphemeris.com The Photographer's Ephemeris® (TPE) is a tool to help you plan outdoor photography in natural light, especially landscape and urban scenes. It is a map- centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land, day or night, for any location on earth.
- Well, as far as bullying, I'm fortunate that I was never beat up. I've listened to some of your guests and it's heartbreaking to hear what they said about them actually being physically assaulted.
- My bullies were more just kids in the neighborhood maybe running after me trying to make me scared or something like that. That's really my extent, I would say of bullying.
- I have family members who have disabilities or special abilities I like to say, so maybe I could see things from a different standpoint.
- I would see how people might look at them and wonder; well why are you looking at them? So I could empathize a little more from a young age.