Drew Hume is an expert at Thai massage. One of the things he says often while delivering a massage is ‘Slow it down’. Drew believes it helps us all to just: SLOW … IT … DOWN. Drew’s Thai massages clear your head and make you feel like he has a surreal connection to your body. From this you can tell Drew is a great person to talk to about Mindfulness. Drew was born in Australia and now lives in Toronto, Canada.
- Website: www.navina.ca
- Twitter: @NavinaTaiYoga
- Instagram: @NavinaTaiYoga
Most Influential Person
- S. N. Goenka, a Burmese-Indian teacher of Vipassanā meditation. Born in Burma, he moved to India in 1969 and started teaching meditation.
Effect on Emotions
- It's helped me maintain a little bit more equanimity in that I get less caught up in the big negatives and less caught up in the big positives and I can maintain a little bit more equilibrium in how I respond.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I think its a great way to educate yourself on restrictions and tensions within your own body and I also think its a great tool as a reset button if you take an extra deep breath whenever you feel stressed or challenged. It just gives you a little bit of space to make other decisions.
- Book: The Brain That Changes Itself: Stories of Personal Triumph from the Frontiers of Brain Science by Norman Doidge
- App: Notes and Calendaring (Taking notes and recording events in a calendar helps me to stay in the present moment)
Advice for Newbie
Avoid frustration. When you think that it's an unsuccessful meditation, your reaction to that is still part of the mindfulness practice. Step out of the frustration and just keep bringing it back in.