Grant Sabatier is the creator of Millennial Money.com and author of the book, Financial Freedom. In 2010, Grant was 24 years old, with a philosophy degree and a mere $2.26 in his bank account. In a fleeting moment, he made the decision to become a millionaire. Five years later he had a net worth of over 1.25 million dollars and the American news network, CNBC started calling him, The Millennial Millionaire. Grant’s creative, often counterintuitive thoughts on money have been featured in over 400 publications and he regularly writes, speaks, and gives interviews on the topic.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.MillenialMoney.com
- Website: GrantSabatier.com (for more mindfulness based content)
- Website: FinacialFreedomBook.com (for the book, Financial Freedom)
- Twitter: @MillenialMoney
Most Influential Person
- Thich Nhat Hanh; see www.plumvillage.org
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness, as I mentioned at the beginning, to me is a muscle and it's something that was very confusing for me at first.
- It took a lot of time, but now mindfulness has completely changed my life because I don't have to cultivate it as much.
- The garden is already there and so when I used to have to be very present and kind of reengage with the present moment, I feel like engaging with being in the present moment and truly seeing now is more of my default instead of it being like five percent of my day where I have to be very intentional about it.
- I've entered probably just in the last six months that shift where now more than 50 percent of my day, I'm truly awake. That's been a mixture of having the time and space with which to cultivate that.
Thoughts on Breathing
- This is something when I was really stressed and I was working all the time, I had to kind of, come into meditation and focus on my breath once I got in like 20 minutes a day, once I got out of the corporate world and was truly financially independent that I could wake up and do anything that I wanted with my day, my breath naturally settled. So now I actually don't have to.
- Unless I'm really stressed out, I don't have to come home to my breath. My breath is my default home. My blood pressure dropped.
- It's kind of like the length of your breath is the length of your life, and I really feel like the length of my breath is much longer simply because it took me like nine months to detox from leaving the corporate world.
- Book: Financial Freedom: A Proven Path to All the Money You Will Ever Need by Grant Sabatier
- Book: The Art of Living: Peace and Freedom in the Here and Now by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Book: The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment by Adyashanti
- App: Oak – Meditation and Breathing
- App: Checkout Mint (Net Worth Tracker)
- App: Peak Money (Mindfulness Money App)
- So there was a neighbor, there was a guy that lived on the street behind me and I'd known him growing up. He was one of three siblings and he was just one of these people who now in hindsight I realized was quite lonely and quite sad.
- He always just reeked of body odor, just like intense. I think it was a mixture of his parental situation, I don't think his parents were very present. It was the environment he grew up in.
- I would make comments around his body odor and, that he was just a jerk.
- This wasn't a very long period of time, but it was all facilitated by some friends that I was hanging out with. I remember that he got upset about it.
- He told his mom, his mom called my mom and my mom being like, you know, do you want this to be your character? And all those sorts of things.
- You know, I felt really bad about it. I remember going over and apologizing earnestly, but then that was, I was actually a bully in that sense before I was bullied myself.
- And then two years later in eighth grade, there was a kid who would just always bully me really intensely.
Get the brand new Awaken With Focus 12-Minute Guided Meditation by Bruce Langford
Be alert and focused after waking. Feel invigorated, fresh and dynamic. Let your vibrancy feed those around you. Be the energetic person you desire to be. Click here: www.MindfulnessMode.com/AwakenWithFocus