Ruby Mabry is a serial entrepreneur. She is the CEO of several mental health facilities and she's had over thirty years experience in health care. Ruby's leadership has allowed for the expansion of her facilities that has brought recognition from her peers, social workers, and the agency for people with disabilities. She's also the founder of ZoeFinity clothing and she's an inventor. She's a member of the Greater Haitian American Chamber of Commerce and in her spare time she volunteers with Hospice and with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Her goal is to continue writing more books and giving back because she's a firm believer that you haven't learned how to live until you learn how to give. Her passion is spreading love and positivity and she'd like to continue to contribute and support women empowerment movements.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.LiveOnPurposeMastermind.com
Most Influential Person
- My mom.
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness is at the forefront of everything I do because I have to maintain a positive mindset to make it through every single day. With the type of business that I'm in, my emotions are all over the place and so I try to think positive, try to associate with positive people, and that keeps my mind elevated.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is very essential to my mindfulness. I began having panic attacks when my mom passed away. It was a scary feeling. I literally needed to use the brown paper bag to breathe out of. That's how bad it was. Breathing basically assists me with my anxiety. I take a deep breath, deep in my belly, and I count to ten and then exhale through my mouth. That relieves my stress and my anxiety. I try to focus on positivity and everything that I'm grateful for.
- Book: Moments of Inspiration by Ruby Mabry
- Book: Other books by Ruby Mabry: What Is A Courageous Woman? / Woman On A Mission Leaving a Legacy / Goodness Abounds
- App: N/A
- I have not been bullied; not in school or as an adult.
- I think honestly, I bullied myself. I had negative self-talk back in the day. I would tell myself I wasn't good enough, I wasn't pretty enough, and mindfulness definitely wasn't part of my vocabulary or in my thoughts.
- In middle school, my older brother who was born with hydrocephelis, that's water on the brain. A classmate was picking on him and my sister and I got into a physical altercation with this classmate.
- At the time I knew it was not right. Maybe if I had used mindfulness back in the day, I would have calmed my mind and realized that I need to communicate instead of fighting back.
Thinking of launching your own podcast? You’ll need a host, a place to upload your episodes. Podbean is awesome. Podbean is built specifically for podcasters, been around for 10 years and the pricing is super competitive. It’s $9 a month, no matter how much content you upload and they have great stats as well. You can help support Mindfulness Mode AND get a month for free with my affiliate link. Go to www.Podbean.com/PodbeanMM