Nirmala Daniel Erway is a spiritual teacher and author who is a deep believer in the positive benefits of mindfulness. He offers one-on-one, non-dual spiritual mentoring over the phone or through Skype. His mentoring is an opportunity to discover that limitless love is our true nature and is possible at every moment. He has written several books including a poetry collection called Gifts With No Giver. Nirmala lives in Sedona, Arizona and has a website called Endless-Satsang.com where he shares his thoughts through ebooks and videos.
- Website: www.endless-satsang.com
Most Influential Person
- Everyone I’ve ever felt love for, including Nealum and my wife.
Effect on Emotions
- It hasn’t changed them, except in their duration. When you’re in this place of curiosity, openness I find it interesting. When I feel sad, I go right down into the center of that sadness and notice all the associations and feelings. I’m so fascinated with it. I digest it, I get the sadness. Then it’s almost gone in the moment I pay that much attention to it. It’s hard to call it sadness anymore, it’s just a new experience showing up.
Thoughts on Breathing
- When they do studies of mindfulness & meditation, they've found that anything you do to change your breathing will put you into a meditative space. Anything you do to your breath will change your state of consciousness.
- Book: Living From the Heart by Nirmala (free on Nirmala’s website)
- App: Timer
Advice for Newbie
Just play. If you can approach it like a game, a form of play or curiosity, that's the best way to learn.