Stacy Brookman is a wordsmith. She’s loved words all her life and excels at crafting words into clever phrases and fascinating stories. Not only is Stacy amazing at her ability to create compelling stories, but she is terrific at teaching this skill to others. Stacy’s language abilities are enhanced by the fact that she understands the concept of using effective mindfulness tools to achieve focus and direction.
Stacy has a wonderful podcast called “Write of Your Life” with the tagline Life Happens … Life Storytelling Transforms It!
Most Influential Person
- Anaïs Salibian, my memoir writing teacher and also practitioner of the Rosen Method of Trauma Recovery
Effect on Emotions
- Helped me be much more aware of my emotions rather than ignoring them and stuffing them down. It gets them out in the open where I can address them.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I breathe when the app tells me to breathe. It is very calming. (The HeadSpace App)
- Book: To Be Told: Know Your Story, Shape Your Future by Dan B. Allender
- App: Headspace (Worth it to get the Pro version)
Advice for Newbie
You can do what I do. Lay down in the middle of the day even if you feel like you don't have a moment to spare. Turn on the mindfulness app, listen to ocean sounds or rain drop sounds and just quiet your mind. Think about what you're feeling and the sensations in your body.