Anthony Hayes lives in West Palm Beach, Florida and grew up in Yonkers, New York. In 2008 he was a deckhand on a ship with Sea Shepherd Global, saving ocean wildlife from the treacherous Japanese Whaling Fleet. From 1999-2005 he was a DJ. In 2011 he studied to be an ordained minister at Universal Life Church Monastery. At one point, Anthony wrote, “the last 10 years have encompassed some of the darkest, most trying times of my life.” Anthony has a podcast and blog called Me, Myself and I Radio, and he uses his podcast as a tool to inspire his audience. Anthony is also busy writing a book called, The Science of Being. Anthony is a strong believer in mindfulness and uses it in his life on a regular basis.
- Website: www.MeMyselfAndIRadio.com
- Podcast: Me Myself and I Radio
Most Influential Person
- Anthony's uncle who was one of his martial arts teachers. Anthony says, “He showed me a lot of ways to look inward.”
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has helped me realize how deep my emotions actually go and how to look at situations a little differently and be able to analyze them a lot more.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Everything starts with the breath. The more you're able to control the breath, the more you're able to control the rest of your body. Breathing is the end all, be all of everything mindfulness anywhere in life.
- Book: The Science of Self Realization by A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
- App: Headspace.com by Andy Puddicombe – There is a great free app there, excellent for beginners or seasoned mindfulness people.
Advice for Newbie
Forget what you think you know because you have no idea. Try it (mindfulness). It can not hurt to try it.