Boundaries and mindfulness is the topic of today's episode. Why might boundaries be an issue for you? Think about the answers to these questions. Do you feel used? Do you feel like you’re constantly being dragged into things you’re uncomfortable with? Are you angry about how people treat you? Do you feel overly upset over things that don’t concern you, like a news story you’ve heard or something that happened to people you don’t know?
Boundaries and mindfulness are related. Mindfulness is partly about being aware, about being content and happy, and satisfied. It’s about feeling in control rather than out of control.
Here are 5 ways you can bump up your boundaries so that your life will be better.
Listen & Subscribe on:
5 Tips On Using Boundaries To Improve Your Life
1/ Identify Your Challenges
2/ Decide To Tackle The Issue
3/ Make It Happen
4/ Identify Improvements
5/ Move Forward With Confidence
Identify Your Challenges
- Notice your emotions
- Think about what may be causing specific emotions
- Record your thoughts
Decide To Tackle The Issue
- Let your thoughts and ideas from step 1 incubate
- Meditate or pray on the ideas
- Think to yourself: Could I let it go? / Would I let it go? / When? Listen to ep 570 “Calmness, Certainty and Unshakable Inner Security Now; Hale Dwoskin”
Make It Happen
- Make a list of 3 actions you can immediately take to be more decisive and to set better boundaries – Then do them as soon as possible
- Feel the energy and the buzz you get from setting the boundaries and sticking to them.
- Continue to take action with at least one action every day
- You will start to feel better about yourself
- You will likely notice some reaction from people around you, maybe family, friends, or co-workers
- Make a note of differences in the way you are feeling
Move Forward With Confidence
- Use the improved feelings you’re experiencing to give you momentum and help you move forward
- Continue to set boundaries and identify whether you truly want what you are agreeing to. Think twice before saying YES to what life drops in your lap
- Review your notes and think back to how you felt before setting boundaries more deliberately, using aspects of mindfulness
- Book: The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-Being by Hale Dwoskin
- App: Calm
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing hypnotist helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Session to get you to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at email@example.com with ‘Let's Talk' in the subject line. We'll set up a call and talk about how you can move forward to a better life.|