Robin Hills is the director of Ei4Change, a company specialized in emotional intelligence, positive psychology and neuroscience. He is the Author of two books on the topic and his educational programs on resilience and emotional intelligence are the most comprehensive education that’s out there – his material is used in educational establishments in South Africa and India. Robin has taught more than 70,000 students in 175+ countries and has delivered keynote speeches at conferences across the world including at Harvard University.
Listen & Subscribe on:
iTunes / Stitcher / Podbean / Overcast / Spotify
- Company: www.ei4change.com
- Website: www.ei4change.com
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- Being more mindful and more aware of my emotions and the impact it has on me and other people is the way in which I work with mindfulness and emotional intelligence. Sometimes I don't get it right.
Thoughts on Breathing
- If I stop breathing I stop living, so I feel that appropriate use of breath and concentration on breath is very useful in terms of mindfulness.
- If I have 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or 10 seconds, I think to myself, now is the time to focus on my breathing and I can have a mindful minute.
- Book: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Steven Covey
- Book: The Authority Guide to Emotional Resilience in Business by Robin Hills
- Book: The Authority Guide to Behaviour in Business by Robin Hills
- App: Hayday Farming App
- I had an experience around the concept of bullying. About 10 years ago I was doing some research with a colleague of mine who works with EI4Change, Doug Haynes. Doug and I were researching this concept of resilience.
- Everybody was talking about resilience, but what does it mean? We put together something called, Images of Resilience. Later, we set about designing and creating cards that supported the field of bullying.
- We covered confidence and assertiveness and rising to the challenge, with a knight fighting a dragon. Both of the cards have now been integrated into the coaching toolbox. This has resulted in wonderful, cathartic conversations around bullying in organizations, schools, and industry.
- 414 Mental and Emotional Growth; Karen Millsap
- 312 Understand Your Emotions; JP Glossinger
- 311 Become The Steward of Your Emotions; Mellisa Seaman
- 264 Creative Marketing With Diane Curran
- 036 Get Into Your Feelings; Don Hutcheson
Become more calm, focused, and happy by reading the top 12 books recommended on the Mindfulness Mode Podcast. This 14-page ebook entitled '12 Must-Read Mindfulness Books' outlines each of the top books recommended by guests on the show. Get your digital copy now at MindfulnessMode.com/top12books
Note: The following transcript is a draft transcript, and as such, may contain computer-generated mistranslations. (Transcript coming soon).