Murray Hidary is a multi-disciplinary, creative visionary and tech pioneer who started his first company at 22 years old, after studying Music and Composition at NYU. Murray’s success as an early Internet entrepreneur, starting in 1994, sprung from his innate sense that creating networks and platforms for connection amongst people could both elevate productivity and consciousness. Murray has studied theoretical physics extensively; trained in the study of Aikido and the Shakuhachi (the Japanese bamboo flute) and its ancient music tradition of the Zen monks with some of the greatest teachers. Murray is currently touring MindTravel, composing new work, hiking and meditating in beautiful places.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- My father
Effect on Emotions
- Using mindfulness to handle my emotions has been a key skill to learn and to fine-tune and to grow and build that muscle.
- In all areas, whether in business, or getting a coffee at the local Starbucks when they get your name wrong and make you wait twenty minutes or whatever it is, these are all opportunities for our emotions and our thoughts to get the better of us.
- Mindfulness allows me to have a non-personal approach in all these situations which allows for much less stress and much more calm and peace.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I learned to breathe by playing the Japanese flute. What I didn't know was that there's a profound ability to improve your piano playing through proper breathing.
- You wouldn't think so because you're not generating the sound with your breath like a wind instrument, but it turns out, if you breathe properly, it comes through the music.
- I grew up in a neighborhood of Brooklyn that was a little rough and I did get bullied by locals. They stole my bike one time but no physical harm was done.
- As a kid, mindfulness is a great tool because ultimately it's about how we interpret those moments. Mindfulness is a powerful tool that allows a child who has the skill, to frame the experience in a way that they understand that it's not about them.
- For the one doing the bullying, we know that bullying is done as a result of a deep insecurity.
- 225 A Place Called Earth Founder, Cameron Brown
- 237 Be Present Explains ‘Cindy Uncorked' Host Cindy Ashton
- 304 Learn How To Ignite Your Fire Within With Lisa Winston
|Do you have sleepless nights? Get the ‘Sleep Naturally' Guided Meditation by Bruce Langford. Deep, easy sleep is yours to enjoy. Drift off to sleep with a calm, gentle voice. Rest comfortably, with little effort. Get this free, guided meditation today. Click here: www.MindfulnessMode.com/Sleep|
|Are you feeling anxiety and stress? Do you just want to be content, happy, and focused? I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing hypnotist, and I love to help people just like you! Feel good about your life and accomplishments. Regain confidence. Book a Free Zoom consultation to get you on the road to contentment. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Hidary' in the subject line.|