Grant Baldwin is the CEO of The Speaker Lab. He has helped thousands of people build successful and sustainable speaking businesses. Over the last 15 years, Grant has become a sought-after speaker, podcaster, author, and accomplished entrepreneur. Featured on the Inc. 5000 list, Forbes, Inc. Entrepreneur, and The Huffington Post, he has committed his expertise and insight to equip others to share their meaningful message with the masses. His leadership and dedication to creating a one-of-a-kind organizational culture are evidenced by the impact of the team he leads. Grant lives near Nashville, Tennessee with his wife, Sheila, and their three daughters.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Company: The Speaker Lab
- Website: thespeakerlab.com
- Podcast: The Speaker Lab Podcast
- Book: The Successful Speaker: Five Steps for Booking Gigs, Getting Paid, and Building Your Platform
Most Influential Person
- Phil Boyte – Keynote Speaker, Culture Coach, Professional Development and Culture Summit Facilitator
Effect on Emotions
- I tend to be a pretty even-keeled guy; it has helped me a lot. So the highs aren't too high, and the lows aren't too low. And so I think similar to speaking, when we were talking about what are the things you can and can't control, I think that that's true just in life in general, regardless of whether you're on a stage or not. Therefore
Thoughts on Breathing
- Whenever you are backstage, I mean, there's a lot of speakers who do a lot of different things. And some are listening to music to hype them up. And some just want to be very quiet and still and just focus on their breathing. And I think you really have to figure out what works best for you. Therefore
- So with breathing, I think you need to take some long breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth. That can really kind of slow your heart rate and just calm some of the nerves or anxiety that you may feel. That can certainly be very effective. Therefore
- Book: The Successful Speaker: Five Steps for Booking Gigs, Getting Paid, and Building Your Platform by Grant Baldwin
- App: Strides
- I remember several years ago, I was speaking and I did a lot in the education space speaking for school assemblies. One time I was speaking and it was like the Friday before spring break. It was at the end of the day, and so the only thing standing between several hundred teenagers and spring break was me. And so they don't care at all what I had to say. So
- So partway through the presentation, I remember the announcement comes over the PA system, that the girl's volleyball team was dismissed to go to their game. So they had an away game. And so you've got a couple of dozen girls all over this gymnasium, standing up and starting to leave.
- Then there were a bunch of teenage guys just being goofy and dumb and they started standing up and leaving. All of a sudden, we've got 30, 40, 50 people all over the room just leaving. Some were clearly supposed to leave and some were clearly not supposed to. There was just kind of like this chaos of this moment. Therefore
- I remember one time I was speaking and a dog comes running into the room and just comes zipping around like nobody was paying attention and everybody was distracted. I remember one time speaking at a camp in this metal building. And there was a big storm that came in and it was hailing like really, really bad. It was super loud and it felt like this building was gonna collapse. We're all gonna die at any moment. Therefore
- Mindfulness For Chocolate Lovers With Author Diane R. Gehart
- Build Your Visibility, Authority, and Profits; Jane Tabachnick
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? Peace is within your grasp. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach and hypnotist helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at email@example.com with ‘Coaching Session' in the subject line. We'll set up a zoom call and talk about how you can move forward to a better life.