Zach Mathews is the author of Climbing Your Self-Discipline Tree, which challenges readers to envision their loftiest long-term goals, then put together a concrete plan to achieve them.
He is an intermittent fasting coach, author, and host of the “Fast & Focus” Podcast. A few years ago, he made the jump from a successful career in the Sports industry to fulfill my dream of being a full-time writer. Now he wants to help others do the same with their dreams!
Whether you have aspirations of starting your own business, losing 50 pounds, climbing the ladder at your current company, or any other type of goal, my book can help you realize the essential steps to prepare, produce, and persist. Each of these will help you achieve your wildest dreams and enjoy the process. He was born and raised in St. Louis, but currently, he and his wife reside in Tampa, Florida.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Blog: Zach Mathews's Blog
- Book: Climbing Your Self-Discipline Tree: The Three Stages Essential for Accomplishing Any Goal by Zach Mathews
Most Influential Person
- His dad
Effect on Emotions
- I think it's just having the power to self-regulate, never let yourself get too high or too low. I would just say, keep your emotions in check. I was talking earlier about being a father and self -regulating when he's screaming and everything like that. It goes the same way with your personal and professional career. You just have to level yourself out so that you can produce. Intermittent Fasting
Thoughts on Breathing
- I do think it's important. Where it's most important to me is in my workouts, and I like to do yoga, to make sure I maintain my flexibility and breathing is huge for that. Those two things alone especially have shown me the power of inhaling and exhaling and the fact that most of us, because we don't think about our breathing, are probably breathing wrong.
- My father-in-law actually read a book entitled, Breath, and it just kind of talks about the role that breathing plays when we sleep. If your mouth breathes, it's actually bad for you, and there are some repercussions.
- So the book explains how to train your body to not breathe through your mouth when you sleep anymore, but through your nose, but I don't pretend to know everything about it. But from a workout perspective, breathing is vitally important because even exhaling can help your body perform and kind of get adrenaline going and everything that your body needs to perform. So it's very important from a performance standpoint. Intermittent Fasting
- Book: The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg, Mike Chamberlain, et al.
- App: Notes
- I was bullied growing up. And often, it's unfortunate. The bully isn't typically the big scary person that you see. It was my friends, it was the people, the friends that I had closest to me in school.
- They would call me stupid. Part of that was because I just didn't apply myself and didn't care to get good grades. But they called me stupid.
- I was kind of the butt of the jokes a lot. That was in elementary and middle school, and as I got into high school, I didn't even try because I'd been told by my friends for three, or four years that I was dumb, I was stupid and I couldn't do it.
- So in high school, I didn't even try, I barely graduated on time, and I was one credit short of being held back a year. Looking back, it was the way that I processed the shame on myself. But the bullying aspect is talking about mindfulness, being more mindful of just how strong words can be, especially in formative years.
- They really think that I was stupid. Now, did they really think that I was dumb? Did they think that if I couldn't get straight A's, or really good grades? No, but just saying that just to play the cool kid card, and have someone to unleash their personal self-doubt. It's kind of a way to get that off their chest.
- But just understanding and being mindful of the power that words have. Fortunately, for me, I was able to overcome that. And I had parents that loved me and believed in me, and good teachers that refuse to give up on me otherwise my life would have looked a lot different. Intermittent Fasting
- Your Presence is a Superpower; Elizabeth Tripp
- Don’t Let This Habit Steal Your Life; Roman Mironov
Zach has a free e-book to give away to all the Mindful Tribe! There's a link if you wish to get a copy. Here it is: https://hustling-trader-7151.
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? Peace is within your grasp. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach and hypnotist helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Coaching Session' in the subject line. We'll set up a zoom call and talk about how you can move forward to a better life.|