Jonathan Green is the bestselling author of 300+ books, a celebrity ghostwriter, and a high-ticket affiliate marketer who now lives on a tropical island in the South Pacific. He has turned being fired during a blizzard into a thriving online business.
Listen & Subscribe on:
iTunes / Stitcher / Podbean / Overcast / Spotify
- Website: www.ServeNoMaster.com
- Podcast: The Serve No Master Podcast
- Book: Serve No Master: How to Escape the 9-5, Start up an Online Business, Fire Your Boss, and Become a Lifestyle Entrepreneur or Digital Nomad
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- I've always thought emotions control this until that moment, we can control our emotions. And an example is, if you're really mad about something and then you go watch a movie, and during the movie, you forget that you're mad, that's how you know it's not that powerful. So we have the ability to push and control our emotions. That has really changed me, realizing that I can choose.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I've learned a lot of different breathing techniques, do yoga or go to the gym, or like you learn that breathing technique, like breathe 10 times to calm down. So I've learned a lot of those techniques. I've gotten really good at falling asleep. When I was younger, it would take me about an hour to fall asleep. Now, when I decide to go to sleep, it's about 30 seconds. And a lot of it is slowing down how I breathe and kind of feeling my body, I used to do those drills where you imagine your head falling asleep and your shoulders and kind of work through the body. And now it's become kind of automated for me.
- When I was a child, I dealt with a lot of bullying and I really struggled with it because there's a lot of missing education for children. We don't really teach children how to socialize. It's kind of like getting on the playground and figuring it out.
- I didn't understand friendship. I had no idea how to make friends. When I was 17, one of my friends had an older brother named Nathan and he changed my life. Nathan was the first person I met who was popular and nice. He was so cool. He was in a cool band, listening to cool music and wearing cool clothes. He was out of high school.
- I would study him; we would go to one of those clubs that play teenage music. And I would watch how he treated people. And he would always say to me, Wow, Jonathan, is that a new sweatshirt? I love it. And I was like, He's seen this sweatshirt six times. So at first, I thought it was a trick. And then I realized he just does that. And I said that's the kind of person I want to be. So I really studied him. And it changed my life.
- I learned how to make friends. I became a really good friend, his younger brother, we had amazing adventures traveling to see DJs all over America, and all these amazing things came out of my life from that moment of realizing that it's learnable.
- I think that one of the missing components is that friendship is a skill you can get better at. That's how I got better at dating 10 years later. And understanding, oh, this is what people like and don't like. I was just guessing for so long. It's really hard to guess how to communicate with people.
- Shadow Work To Nourish And Grow: Winnie Chan Wang
- Breathwork To Upscale Your Life; Samantha Skelly
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? Peace is within your grasp. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach, and hypnotist helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at email@example.com with ‘Coaching Session' in the subject line. We'll set up a zoom call and talk about how you can move forward to a better life.|