Michelle Gauthier is a professional life coach who helps busy, overwhelmed people create a more calm and intentional life. Michelle is a single mom of two adopted kids and used to be an overwhelmed busy working mom herself. She quit her successful 20-year corporate career to become a life coach to help other people navigate their careers and home lives with ease. When she’s not working, Michelle spends her spare time watching her kid's sporting events, going to Burn Bootcamp, organizing things just for fun, shopping online, and reading self-improvement books.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- Her Dad
Effect on Emotions
- When I was really stressed and overwhelmed, I used to brag about how many years it had been since I cried. And I would say, I don't get sad; nothing upsets me. I kind of acted like I was this steel wall. And I could just handle and do anything. Give me any problem. I can handle it.
- The way that mindfulness helps me deal with my emotions is by just allowing me to have them. So it's amazing. Now I went for so many years saying, oh my gosh, I never cry all the time now. And I'm kind of proud of that. Because if I feel sad, or if I feel touched by something that just hits me in the heart, that's what I want to do. And if I feel mad, I allow that as well. If I feel joyful, I allow that.
- So I just allow any feeling that I have, and I teach my kids to do the same, I don't ever want to shame them and say, Don't be angry. Don't be sad. Don't be whatever just be whatever you are.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Square breathing is my go-to. I teach that to all my clients. I've taught it to my kids. That's just where you breathe in for four, hold for four, breathe out for four, and then hold it at the bottom for four.
- If you do that four times around, it is magic, what that can do just to calm your nervous system. If I wake up at night and can't fall back to sleep, I can just do that. I've taught my kids to do it. I think it's such a powerful tool. Stop Feeling Overwhelmed
- Book: The Gap and the Gain: The High Achievers' Guide to Happiness, Confidence, and Success Dan Sullivan, Dr. Benjamin Hardy, et al.
- App: Breathe
- I think as a parent, you have to have a lot of mindfulness around bullying, it just seems so prevalent right now. And I just was reading something that after COVID, there's even more bullying because kids have less social skills and less confidence and things like that.
- I've had experience with both of my kids being bullied at one time or another. And I think as a parent, it's a really fine line. Because what I try to teach them is mindfulness and empathy for the person. We have no idea what's happening at their house so let's try to think the best we can about why they might be doing this. Stop Feeling Overwhelmed
- Use Meditation to Master Yourself; Ashley Williams
- Living Life in Color; Dana Sardano
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? Peace is within your grasp. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach, and hypnotist helping fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at email@example.com with ‘Coaching Session' in the subject line. We'll set up a zoom call and talk about how you can move forward to a better life.|