Dr. Richard Shuster is a clinical psychologist, TEDx speaker, and CEO of Your Success Insights, which helps consumers, corporations, and athletes achieve peak performance. He is also the host of The Daily Helping with Dr. Richard Shuster: Food for the Brain, Knowledge from the experts, Tools to Win at Life which is regularly downloaded in over 150 countries. Dr. Shuster’s clinical expertise and podcast have been featured in such publications as The Huffington Post, NBCNews.com, Men’s Health, Cosmopolitan, and others. He is also the president of Every Kid Rocks, Inc., a 501c3 which helps schools provide therapy services to children.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: ww.drrichardshuster.com
- Podcast: The Daily Helping
- Special Offer: Get The POWERS 2.0 Assessment and personalized success guide. Use coupon code “MindfulnessMode” when subscribing to the Powers 2.0 Assessment and then when the new app is released you will receive the first month free.
Most Influential Person
- Hal Elrod (Author of the book, The Miracle Morning)
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness allows me to take a step back. There are similar tools we use in cognitive behavior therapy that allow you to be an objective bystander so-to-speak to emotions and recognize that the world isn't doing this to you. This is something that's happening and you have a choice as to how you respond to it.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is really important. Shallow breathing is not great, it's that deep, diaphragmatic breathing … I do that every day.
- I have a red-light therapy panel that hangs on my wall and I stand in front of that thing for twenty minutes every day and I do my breathing during that. So I get to combine those two so I know I'm getting at least twenty minutes of deep breathing every day.
It happened to me a bit in elementary school. I've worked a lot with children who have been physically and sexually abused. Mindfulness isn't going to make the bullying stop. You as a parent or you as a victim would have to take some kind of action to make that stop.
If you have a mindfulness practice, you're better able to handle the stress of what that looks like.
- [With mindfulness], you are going to be less prone to internalize what's being said about you.
- 183 Create The Life You Love With Dr. Paul Jenkins
- 261 Mindfulness, Quantum Physics and Healing With Dr. Anastasia Chopelas
- 380 Anchor Your Energy Says Dr. Harold Komiskey
|POWERS 2.0 is a comprehensive & dynamic assessment designed to accelerate your success in business & in life. It assesses for key strengths and obstacles. It can also help you improve your work-life balance and instantly comes with a comprehensive personalized success guide. Use coupon code “MindfulnessMode” when subscribing to the Powers 2.0 Assessment and then when the new app is released you will receive the first month free.|
|Stop struggling with Deep rooted issues like weight loss, smoking, painful experiences. Would you like to reduce the stress and anxiety in your life? Hypnosis can help you reach your goals faster and easier than you ever thought possible. Ever thought of becoming a hypnotherapist? The Cascade Hypnosis Center offers training. www.CascadeHypnosisCenter.com|
Note: The following transcript is a draft transcript, and as such, may contain computer-generated mistranslations. (Transcript coming soon).