Kendra Kirane oversees Creative Arts Therapy and Wellness at an addiction center in New York City called Wellbridge. She emphasizes the universal language of art as an essential process in therapy including music, dance/movement and drama. She empowers individuals to be seen, heard and understood on the path toward recovery from addiction. Recognizing wellness is a key feature of sustainable recovery, Kendra prioritizes delivery of recreational therapy, fitness programming and nutrition to promote restoration and healthy lifestyle choices.
Listen & Subscribe on:
iTunes / Stitcher / Podbean / Overcast / Spotify
- Website: www.Wellbridge.org
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness is more than a full mind, it's body fullness, a heart fullness and it helps us manage our emotions, or access the emotions.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is always with us, it's a gift. We're lucky to be able to have breathing with us at all times, but also to manage it when we need to.
- It's an anchor, it's like our home base.
- Book: Still The Mind: An Introduction To Meditation by Allan Watts
- Book: Mindfulness and the Arts Therapies: Theory and Practice by Laury Rappaport
- App: 10 Percent Happier
- Mindfulness is noticing in the moment when a self-judgment arises.
- When the inner critic or the inner bully decides to rear it's head into our stream of consciousness and our stream of thoughts, it's important to remind ourselves that the more we can build our mindfulness muscles, the more compassion we can discover within ourselves, and the less room there is for that inner critic to exist.
- Three Keys To Juggling Work and Family; Connie Benjamin
- 107 Connect With Family Through Mindfulness; Clem Harrod
- 491 Sing, Rap, Dance, and Celebrate Life; BriGuel
Do you want to improve the focus, drive, and productivity of your employees? If so, you can learn how by downloading, '10 Simple & Effective Ways to Increase Mindfulness in the Workplace Now', a free PDF at MindfulnessMode.com/workplacep.
Note: The following transcript is a draft transcript, and as such, may contain computer-generated mistranslations. (Transcript coming soon).
Excellent episode. Very insightful and informative.
Hi Laura, I’m so glad you like the episode. I agree that Kendra offers great information about dealing with addiction.