Vernon Foster II is known for building bridges between worlds, people, and cultures through leveraging technology, the spoken word, and the pen. Vernon is no stranger to adventure and defying convention and that is obvious when he sought to become a generalist when the world valued specialization. Vernon opted to treat his 20's and early 30's as an experiment for building skills and honing his personal philosophy. Little did he know nor envision that his lifestyle would serve as a catalyst for creating a global movement and framework that would inspire others to follow suit. His work has been featured at Entrepreneur, General Assembly, The Good Men Project, and Podcast Movement.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- My brother, Tyrone Foster
Effect on Emotions
- I'm able to recognize something for what it is. If I'm angry, they I recognize the anger. If I'm looking at someone and I'm judging them, I realize that's inside of me, that's why I can see it. Mindfulness has given me a toolkit to be able to move through life with a little bit more flow and joy and appreciation.
Thoughts on Breathing
- You can't live without breathing so if you're not breathing you're dead. I do a lot of yoga and meditation. Breathing is at the core of these practices, to get you into your body. When I breathe, it allows me to connect and recharge. It allows me to get to the root of being present.
- Book: The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Book: The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- App: Gratitude Plus App
- I was bullied in a lot of ways but I was also a bully. I take full responsibility for that, but a lot of what I did was because i was lashing out, I was angry, I was hurt. I didn't feel like I belonged anywhere.
- My experience of this is that when you're hurt or angry, you lash out and you treat people badly. You do things out of spite, either to get attention or to get love.
- Having mindfulness would have allowed me to understand the root of where those things were coming from and not take out that anger and frustration on other people, but learn how to work through it.
- Define Your Values For Conscious Success; Dr. John Demartini
- 512 Living Your Best Life Through Radical Self-Love; Tiffany Toombs
- 383 Making Sense Of Mindfulness With Keith Macpherson
|Have you been trying to break through a mind block? Are you discouraged? It’s not hopeless. YOU CAN DO IT. I coach people just like you. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing hypnotist, and I love to help people just like you! Feel good about your life and accomplishments. Regain confidence. Book a Free Consultation to get you on the road to being grounded and centered. Email me: email@example.com with ‘7 Laws' in the subject line.|