Joze Piranian is a lifelong stutterer turned Forbes and TED-featured Global Speaker on Resilience & Inclusion. Born and raised in Lebanon, Joze avoided speaking for more than 25 years out of fear of being judged for being different. Then, everything changed. He won the Inspirational Speaker of the Year, delivered 5 TEDx talks, and performed stand-up comedy on 3 continents and in 4 languages. Joze has since given talks at the United Nations Google, Tesla, Dell, TikTok, Deloitte, and BCG. With more than 3 000 000 views on Goalcast, Joze has also been featured in ABC, NowThis, Some Good News, and CBC.
Listen & Subscribe on:
iTunes / Stitcher / Podbean / Overcast / Spotify
- Website: www.jozepiranian.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jozepiranian/
- IG: @YesWayJoze
Most Influential Person
Effect on Emotions
- More mindfulness has allowed me to press the pause button and create space for myself between the stimulus and the response.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I use a breathing technique to control my stutter. On the other hand, I also practice different types of breathwork whether it is Wim Hof or conscious, connected breathing. In fact, I'll have to connect you with John Mensa who was a fantastic breathwork teacher. And, of course, traditional mindfulness meditation also incorporates a lot of mindful breathing.
- Book: The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- App: Calm
- App: Nike Running App (Combining mindfulness with running)
- I wish mindfulness had been taught when I was in school. It would have made an enormous difference because I've lost count of the number of times I would go back home to my room, just feeling absolutely awful about what had happened at school. I felt belittled and I felt so small.
- So the way that mindfulness would have had a tremendous impact is by reminding me that I am not the feelings I'm having. I'm not the thoughts that I'm having. The mere fact that these are entities that I am having implies separation between the ‘I', and what is being felt and being experienced. Having that healthy ability to observe rather than identify and react would indeed have allowed me to feel what I needed to feel in a healthier way, as opposed to going for avoidance as my MO.
- Be Reconnected To Your Forgotten Intuition; Marci Moberg
- Live An Educated Life; Jellis Vaes
Motivating The Unmotivated; Life Pulse Inc Founder, Matt Granados
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? Peace is within your grasp. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach, and hypnotist helping fast-track people like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Book a Free Coaching Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life, feeling grounded and focused. Send me an email at email@example.com with ‘Transition' in the subject line. We'll set up a zoom call and talk about how you can move forward to a better life.|