Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- My Pilates Instructor
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has helped me deal with my emotions. That's probably one of the most significant ways that mindfulness has helped me.
- I was a very young mother and I just fell into motherhood. I was so focused on being a mom and taking care of my kids that I really never looked inward at that time. I didn't connect with my emotions and therefore sometimes they would just explode or they would force their way out.
- Having that practice of mindfulness and being able to be awake to my emotions has transformed how I deal with them.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing was really challenging for me when I first started. It was one of those things, like I said, you have to be still, you have to pay attention.
- You have to turn your attention onto one thing.
- Now I feel like, with practice, it is my go-to strategy. If I'm feeling anxious or stressed, I do a lot of humming breath. It's an auditory reminder of your breath.
- My son and my daughter both use it. It's wonderful.
- Book: Emotional Chaos To Clarity: Move From the Chaos of the Reactive Mind to the Clarity of the Responsive Mind by Phillip Moffitt
- App: N/A It's not an app, but here's a suggestion. Pick something that you do on a regular basis, like brushing your teeth or walking through a doorway. Use that action as a signal or a reminder to pause, breathe, or connect with yourself inward.
- I shared a story about how I started hypnosis and I have a wonderful relationship with that teacher and mentor and then a couple years went by and I was looking for continuing education and I took a training with another teacher. It was great. I really got a lot of value from it and I think it has made a significant improvement in my own practice and working with clients.
- I have a Youtube channel and it's obviously very public and I have put out lots of content and mindfulness is helping me. Even now I'm feeling a little bit anxious talking about it, so I'm aware of that.
- I was contacted by this teacher's company and it really felt a little bit like they were bullying me in terms of, they wanted to take legal action to force me to take down some content that I had put up.
- Honestly, I think that, hypnosis is not a new thing, so to say that a specific term is trademarked, a sentence that probably every hypnotherapist has said. And I was trained to use this method. It just felt like I was being bullied.
- It felt like this teacher was hiding behind their big legal team and sending in the muscle to force me, this sole proprietor, to take down my content. In the end, I didn't. It's great content that's available for lots of people to use.
- Circling back to the point of this story, is the idea of using mindfulness. Having the awareness to connect with my emotions in response to what felt like bullying before I reacted in a way that I might later regret or could potentially have legal ramifications, I was able to check in and understand my experience and understand how I was feeling.
- Even more importantly, I think, know how I wanted to respond. What are my intentions in this relationship, in my business, and how do I want to show up and present myself to the world and to this organization?
- I was also able to see that what I imagine is the other side of the story was coming from fear and coming from the worry that someone else was going to be successful. This thought was maybe a little scary for this individual.
- It was still a challenging experience but I do think that my mindfulness experience and training helped me significantly get through the situation.
- Mindful Movement In Addiction Treatment; Kendra Kirane
- Movement Makers Community Founder, Eiji Morishita
|Are you experiencing anxiety & stress? Peace is within your grasp. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing coach and hypnotist who helps fast-track people just like you to shed their inner bully and move forward with confidence. Hypnosis has helped many of my clients. I encourage you to book a Free Session to get you on the road to a more satisfying life. Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Coaching Session' in the subject line. We'll set up a zoom call and talk about how you can begin to live with less anxiety and more peace and happiness.|