Dr. Anthony Metivier is the founder of the Magnetic Memory Method, an effective, fun way to memorize foreign language, vocabulary, dreams, names, music, poetry and much more. Dr. Metivier writes books and creates training for anyone who needs to improve their memory. What separates him from other authors on memory skills and development is that he doesn’t focus on long strings of digits or training for memory championships. He offers simple techniques for memorizing the information that will change your daily life: foreign language vocabulary, names and faces, material for tests and exams. There’s no hype in his training, just techniques that work. From hobbyists looking to memorize facts, poems or more to anyone wanting to master another language, Anthony loves to see memory techniques take root and flourish.
- Website: www.magneticmemorymethod.com
- Gift for Mindful Tribe: www.magneticmemorymethod.com/mindfulness
Most Influential Person
- Gary Weber
Effect on Emotions
- It has really evened them out.
- I have had clinical depression and bipolar disorder so my moods in the past have been all over the place.
- Now I have a real strong through line and have exactly that gap where I am able to sort of live in the future. I mean, I live in the future already because I'm in Australia but now I kind of live in the future of my physical and mental responses and am able to just sort of see it before it happens.
- Not every single time but more and more consistently and not get tied up in creating a big story about it or even being in it. And I have now been able to function without medication for a year and a half now. So that's been great.
Thoughts on Breathing
- They say always return to the breath. If you get lost that's the place to go. I've just been so blessed that I encountered things in the early 2000's like Russian Martial Arts which are so breathing focused that I've just spent a lot of time with breath and just noticing that so much tension is held by just not breathing. And then starting to create greater circulatory has helped so much from treating tension and preventing it from developing in the first place.
- Book: Happiness Beyond Thought by Gary Weber, Waking Up by Sam Harris
- App: An unconventional app would be your brain
- I was around a lot of bullies. I sort of had the where with all to stand up to them and part of that may have been just my own recklessness.
- I had a good batting average of just putting them in their place and I was able to surf the danger zone between the jocks and non jocks but I kind of had alliances with everybody but it did have a little bit to do with being a little bit off kilter and crazy and not really caring because my home background was so bad that what could Troy the Jock possibly threaten me with.
- I saw bullying a lot and I did respond to it.
- I did have one fist fight that I was in and lost as a result of standing up to bullying but we ultimately became friends and had some interesting discussions after that and I wonder if a lot of this is out of our control.
- We're biological units with raging hormones and things happen, so mindfulness would start for me there with just helping humans get a better sense that what's happening to them in these situations is largely out of our control. and we don't really have as much free will in it as we think because of the units we are in.
- If you can get a gap between your physical response to things and the actions you take then a lot of that can stop. The bully can catch himself in a moment of bullying that he maybe wasn't aware of and the bullied can respond differently because they're aware of how their bodies are responding before their mind directs action.