Kim Fiske is a respected professional keynote speaker. She's a life coach, an author and a seven figure income earner. Kim is also a thought leader sought after for her ability to convey to audiences provocative concepts and practical ways to deal with what she has coined as the monster under the bed. Kim has been able to change the way people view their relationships, their careers, life goals and journeys by giving them the ability to acknowledge their proverbial monster while providing mechanisms for coping with it. This process has provided relief in the form of an inner peace to those who are seriously seeking.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.KimFiske.com
- Instagram: @KimFiske
- Facebook: @JKFiske
Most Influential Person
- Dr. Wayne Dyer / Marianne Williamson / Jon Kabat-Zinn
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has changed my world. It's absolutely changed my world. It changed everything because I don't look through the same glasses at anything anymore. It's changed everything.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I remember back in my early days of just quiet time. I was raised in a very fundamental Christian home, so meditation was kind of like a little bit new age-ey. We don't know if it's really of God or not. That was my upbringing.
- So I called it quiet time and it's what I grew up knowing about prayer, but I never really understood because everybody prayed in a fear-based way. That's not faith. That shouldn't be how we pray.
- So I learned how to quiet. Once I got my intrinsic value and I cleaned my conduit is what I called it; getting the barnacles and the monster tracks cleared up of my who I am.
- Then I could visualize. I just kind of got this feeling inside me of being radiant and feeling unconditional love. So I breathe, I breathe. It has to be emotional. You got to feel it. It can't be cerebral. Cerebral, doesn't work. It doesn't do any unwiring or rewiring. It's got to be emotional and you've got to feel.
- Go to this unconditional place, and sometimes it's hard. And I would fight my thoughts. I remember trying to quiet my mind and that didn't help me because my mind couldn't be quiet.
- Then I went to self judgment because I wasn't doing it right. So when I started telling people, don't worry about quieting your mind, don't worry about controlling your thought, deep breathe.
- Then go to this place of, I'm just going to notice all the thoughts that come by. I'm going to notice them and then come back to the breath. Oh, there I go. I just went and noticed another one. Oh, there's another one.
- So then it stops the judgment about doing it wrong because so many people stop because they can't do it right. And they think they're unique. Oh, everyone else can do this, but me. No.
- Book: Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Book: Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing The Uncommon by Dr. Joe Dispenza
- Book: A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of “A Course in Miracles” by Marianne Williamson
- Book: The Monster Under the Bed: Uncovering the Lie That Drives Us by Kim Fiske
- App: Calm
- I have a story in the book about a friend of mine who's a black man that lives in southern California. He went to a friend's house in an affluent white neighborhood in southern California. My friend Jonathan had really done a lot of monster work.
- He's already very self actualized, mindful, listening, trying to rewire, trying to reprogram from years and years and years of when someone feels discriminated against all their life.
- And when someone feels bullied basically for their skin color or for whatever. Women can feel bullied because of gender. I even talk about Viktor Frankl in this chapter. I mean he was put into a Nazi concentration camp because he was Jewish.
- This was the ultimate bullying. And so how do these people, this is who I really want to speak to, is the person being bullied because number one, don't allow the bullying to continue; protect yourself.
- Put boundaries around. I don't ever ever want to rationalize or justify any bullying being done to you.
- We teach people how to treat us, so put your boundaries up and know how to protect yourself from it or if you don't know, ask someone. Get some help about how to protect yourself.
Get the brand new Awaken With Focus 12-Minute Guided Meditation by Bruce Langford
Be alert and focused after waking. Feel invigorated, fresh and dynamic. Let your vibrancy feed those around you. Be the energetic person you desire to be. Click here: www.MindfulnessMode.com/AwakenWithFocus