Tyler Bishton teaches the Feldenkrais method of somatic education, enabling people of all age groups to move more easily. He is also a Martial Artist and Massage Therapist, working with clients to help them move along the continuum between impossibility and elegance. He brings people into being Mindfully present in many different ways , until it becomes as easy for them as breathing. Tyler believes that as you expand your awareness of how you think, sense, feel and move, the possibilities for personal improvement and human development are limitless.
- Website: www.tylerbishton.com
Most Influential Person
- Moshe Feldenkrais, the Creator of the Feldendrais Method
Effect on Emotions
- It has given me a space to decide what I want to do with the emotion that I'm experiencing, whereas before I would react kind of in a knee-jerk way and just fly off the handle, I now have the ability to take a deep breath, take a step back, and chose how I want to respond and see if that's different to the way I'm feeling.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I use it like a canary in a coal mine situation. I have developed a habit that if I feel myself breathing in a way that I don't find comfortable, I let that set off the alarm bells in my head that I'm missing something. That's an opportunity for me to become present and make the changes that are more useful for me at that time.
- Book: Feldenkrais: The Busy Person's Guide to Easier Movement by Frank Wildman
- App: Meistertask App (Task Management Software) and MindMeister (an online MindMapping Software) These two apps link back and forth.
Advice for Newbie
Start right now. And when you find yourself not doing it, start again.