Jan Keck empowers people who feel disconnected. He’s all about dealing with loneliness head-on, using tools that can make a difference. Jan moved from his home country of Germany to Toronto, Canada 8 years ago. He had no problem meeting new people but struggled to make real connections. That’s when he decided to do something about it to make a difference in the world. He created an activity and card deck called, Ask Deep Questions. Jan also works as a video producer and loves to create storytelling videos to make lasting impressions.
Listen & Subscribe on:
iTunes / Stitcher / Podbean / Overcast / Spotify
- Website: www.AskDeepQuestions.com
- Resource: Ask Deep Questions Connection Cards
Most Influential Person
- A leader at a summer camp I attended as a child
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has helped me to be aware of what my emotions actually are. Up until a few years ago, before I started getting into personal development, I think my vocabulary for emotions was very limited.
- I thought in the beginning, maybe it was because English is not my first language. Maybe I just hadn't learned the words. But I've also not used the words.
- I actually just looked up the wheel of emotions where they break down the six core emotions into all the sub emotions and then it splits up from there.
- I looked at this chart and looked at the words and I've only used a handful of those words.
- So for me, the first step was learning the vocabulary.
- The journaling that I do has helped me reflect on those things.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is not consciously part of my mindfulness practice.
- Book: Belong: Find Your People, Create Community, and Live a More Connected Life by Radha Agrawal
- App: Put your phone on Airplane Mode so no messages come in. That way you can focus on being more present.
Thinking of launching your own podcast? You’ll need a host, a place to upload your episodes. Podbean is awesome. Podbean is built specifically for podcasters, been around for 10 years and the pricing is super competitive. It’s $9 a month, no matter how much content you upload and they have great stats as well. You can help support Mindfulness Mode AND get a month of free hosting with my affiliate link. Go to www.Podbean.com/PodbeanMM