Dr. Phillip Carson wants you to live a more balanced, healthy and vibrant life. He has over thirty years experience in traditional and natural medicines and daily mindfulness is a philosophy he lives by. Dr. Phil is a pharmacist and also host and creator of The Feeling Good Podcast where he answers health questions and discusses the latest in health and wellness. Last March, Dr. Phil partnered with a colleague and opened the Life Transformation Medical Center in his local community in Mississippi.
- Website: www.CarsonNatural.com
- Blog: Free Guides www.CarsonNatural.com/MindfulnessMode “The 7 Keys To Living Happy, Healthy and Whole” and “The 7 Keys To Stress Relief”
- Podcast: The Feeling Good Podcast
Most Influential Person
- My grandmother. I lived with her a lot when I was growing up. She taught me to pray, to read, and she read the Bible to me all the time. She taught me to relax and we spent time putting puzzles together. She was a great influence.
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has affected my emotions in a very positive way; like I was talking about with my prayer walks. It was part of my daily routine of meditation. It calms me and helps me start my day off right. It's very important to me; it has helped me tremendously.
Thoughts on Breathing
- The deep breathing that I do is so relaxing. One of the things that I do, (and I tell other people to do this as well), is when I feel stress or I feel like things are crashing in on me, I'll stand up and I'll take some deep breaths. I Inhale and exhale slowly, and as I'm exhaling, I say I'm blowing the stress away. That's been a tremendous help to me.
- Book: Fully Alive: A Journey That Will Change Your Life by Ken Davis
- App: Evernote
My oldest son was in a situation when he was in high school. The way we raise him, the way we raised all our children, to be mindful of other people's feelings and to be a person that stands up for somebody that's being bullied or being made fun of or put down and not to ever take part in that but to be a friend to those people. He was in a situation where that was happening to a young guy in the classroom one day. He stood up for that guy and actually got physically attacked for standing up for him.We've taught our kids to be mindful of those kind of things. because that's something that really touches me and hurts me when I see somebody being mistreated that way. So they're very mindful of that and I'm grateful for that.