Lucia Ferraro is a people person; passionate about connecting, learning and growing. One of her specialties is weight loss and her mission is to build a community of women (and men) who have experienced sustainable weight loss by fostering good relationships with food and their bodies. She’ll help you use the power of your mind to change the way you think, so you can change the way you feel. Lucia has created a summit called Change Your Thinking, Change Your Body which will feature 28 speakers who focus not only on how to take care of our bodies, but how to have a healthier mind and spirit.
- Website: www.LuciaFerraro.com
- Social Media: FB: LuciaFerraro / Instagram: CiaFerraro
- Summit: Change Your Thinking, Change Your Body
Most Influential Person
- Tony Robbins
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has helped me. The emotions that stand out are always the negative ones.
- In this space that I'm in, I've reconciled just by talking to my mother's picture. I reconciled our relationship that I didn't see. I realized my role and responsibility in that.
- Mindfulness has shifted everything even though she's passed. It was a moment of surrender. I released my mother from that.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I breathe when I take time to meditate and I definitely breathe when I'm walking.
- I will put on a certain song or instrumental music and I can focus in on my breathing and my tempo. I find that important even when I'm teaching my class.
- There's a way to do it, like when we do abdominals. I'm always telling people, ‘hold your abs like I'm going to punch you in the stomach'.
- There's something about the way you need to breathe so that your body performs the way you want it to perform. Oxygen needs to go to your muscles so that you can do an aerobic activity
- Website: www.SoundWellness.com with Sharon Carne
- App: Oh My God I Can Meditate
- App: Calm
- I personally wasn't bullied by an external source but I certainly bullied the crap out of myself.
- It was the ‘not enoughness' things. It was the quest for perfection. And the ‘why can you get to that?'
- I needed to attend to the self-care of me because I realized that I would be able to parent better and also take care of Lucia. I modelled what that needed to look like to my children.
- I bullied myself in the thoughts; the thoughts were thugs.
- The thoughts that could come up and nurture me, were pushed down for sure.
- Everything comes down to nurturing and honoring yourself.