Kremena is a yoga teacher and self-taught entrepreneur. She is founder and owner of YorYoga.eu, which allowed her to combine her passion for yoga with a corporate career. She teaches others how to achieve balance and self-awareness by incorporating yoga practice in their lives. Her flair for teaching and organizing weekly yoga classes, special workshops and events was what motivated her to contact more yoga professionals to join her mission of sharing yoga with working professionals.Her realistic, straight-up, and modern attitude has made her a favorite teacher in both Amsterdam and The Hague.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.yoryoga.eu
- Retreats: https://yoryoga.eu/packages
- Email: YorYoga.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Receive 10% Discount on a Bali Yoga getaway Feb 22-28 2019 with Kremena www.MindfulnessMode.com/kremenabali Use discount code “MindfulnessMode”
- Receive 10% Discount on a Sicily Yoga getaway May 25-June 1 2019 with Kremena www.MindfulnessMode.com/kremenasicily Use discount code “MindfulnessMode”
Most Influential Person
- My mom.
Effect on Emotions
- Many people say I'm super emotional. Sometimes I even cry in my classes and some students get disappointed if it didn't happen to cry in that specific class. And I'm like, guys, come on. It's not a competition about who makes me cry.
- It's just emotions are something that come through your body and it's better to let them manifest, then go and be there and be present with all those things that happened, the good, the bad, the ugly.
- Everything that happens is there, and cultivating that awareness and sitting with yourself sometimes is a very, very good experience and sometimes it's not.
- Being aware of your emotions is a big deal of practicing mindfulness because sometimes those uncomfortable moments where you're realizing you're still dealing with some stuff or where you get the most Aha moments where things just really come to you and you're aware that you still have to deal with this unsorted business.
- With mindfulness you can name them, you can make sure that you know are present and you can still choose what you want to do with those emotions.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is super essential. I. I always say in a yoga classes, the first five minutes is [crucial]. Call it whatever you want, but connecting to that inhale and exhale, there is no better way to really be in the present moment. It's just as simple as that. It's deeper inhales, longer exhales and everything comes into place.
- All the thoughts before that needs to happen to this breath really doesn't have any importance in anything that will have to happen after it. It's not there yet, so that one breath that you have, each and every time is the only thing we have, but it does take time to notice that it's really true.
- Book: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
- App: The Breathing App
- When I was growing up in Siberia, (I didn't even think of it being as bullying), but I had a difficult time speaking to kids in school and I would be mocked and maybe few accidents where it was proper bullying now that you know it.
- The way I handled it was maybe not the best way, but kids are mean. And you start thinking, oh, I should have a thicker skin and just become tougher and don't cry and don't show weaknesses.
- And there was a moment where you really have to put the shield and to make sure that no one can come close to you. And it manifests it in many ways. It's not the only the way you do one thing is the way you do everything. So it's only recently I started realizing actually there are some childhood traumas there that I need to be dealing with.
- Mindfulness helped me to just be present with the uncomfortable feelings. These are things from more than 30 years ago. in Yoga we speak about letting go a lot, but it's actually a very difficult act.
- The task requires awareness and you can cultivate that awareness by simply meditating or being mindful about it. And as a child, I don't think I would have had those capacities, but as a grownup I can heal and I can understand and I can do the work of healing right now.
Become more calm, focused and happy by reading the top 12 books recommended on the Mindfulness Mode Podcast. This mini 14-page ebook entitled '12 Must-Read Mindfulness Books' outlines each of the top books recommended by guests on the show. Get your digital copy now at MindfulnessMode.com/top12books