Greg Schmaus is a Holistic Health Coach and Licensed Massage Therapist. His work focuses primarily on coaching clients with various physical, mental, and emotional challenges. With the use of nutrition, meditation, mindfulness, exercise, and lifestyle coaching, Greg has been a guide for countless clients on their healing journey. Greg's work was inspired by his own healing journey, overcoming obsessive-compulsive disorder using these holistic healing modalities.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- Paul Chek www.ChekInstitute.com
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness has allowed me to be more aware of my emotions and has allowed me to experience my emotions with less judgment.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is our anchor to the present moment. You can't breathe in the past or the future so any time we connect with our breath, we connect with the present moment. Breathing also bridges the mind and the body, so when we connect with our breath, we create harmony between the mind and the body.
- Book: Anything by Alan Watts, Osho, Thich Nhat Hanh
- App: I don't use apps for mindfulness but I've heard www.Calm.com is good and also the Sam Harris app www.WakingUp.com
- When I was growing up I was very quiet. I never really spoke and when I was a child I was made fun of for being very quiet. At the time, I didn't really notice how much it affected me because I was a very good athlete so my mode of expressing myself was always through my physical body.
- At the time I didn't really think all that much of it. Fast forward to my adult years and even up to this day, I notice any time that I want to express myself, speak in front of a group doing teaching or workshops or even doing podcasts, I notice that wounded child still coming up for me that was made fun of for never speaking.
- When I look back at that experience and work with clients that have been bullied, it is understanding that whoever the bully is, is really ultimately a bully to themselves.
Become more calm, focused and happy by reading the top 12 books recommended on the Mindfulness Mode Podcast. This mini 14-page ebook entitled '12 Must-Read Mindfulness Books' outlines each of the top books recommended by guests on the show. Get your digital copy now at MindfulnessMode.com/top12books
- Have a Positive State of Mind To Start The Morning Urges Fitness and Mindset Coach, Ian Ryan
- Movement, Meditation and Mindfulness with Courtney Townley
Note: The following transcript is a draft transcript, and as such, may contain computer-generated mistranslations.
Greg Schmaus Transcript coming soon. Thanks for your patience.