Odette Peek Laurie is a speaker, a coach, and an author and she's known as the Queen of Impact. She has a vision of a world where fear is eliminated from one million people across the globe by 2020 so they can live their life with power, purpose and without apology. She now works with unlikely leaders and game-changers who have a burning desire to change the world, but lack a strategy. Using her proprietary, seven-step proven process, they will craft a strong, unique message and amplify it to create a successful and impactful business.
- Website: www.OdettePeek.com
- Free Needs Assessment: I'm offering one to one conversations with your listeners
Most Influential Person
- Gabrielle Bernstein, American motivational speaker, life coach, and author.
Effect on Emotions
- I am way more chill, way more calm. And whenever I find myself getting all out of sorts, I just grab myself and take 15 minutes of positive manifestation thought.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I never used to breathe. And my daughter has anxiety and she has tattooed underneath her heart, it says, ‘just breathe'. So together, wherever we're freaking out, it's just three deep breaths.
- Book: Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David R. Hawkins
- App: N/A
- I do actually have a story about bullying. That's a great question because I do talk about bullying in my TEDx talk and how bullying is so prevalent in our schools today.
- Bullying is a leading cause of anxiety, depression, suicide amongst kids. And so when I wrote the TEDx talk, I looked back on my own life and I remember two very distinct moments.
- One was in grade seven. I was a small person for grade seven and it was a new school and there was this grade eight girl who was, what I would say huge. In fact, she was half a foot taller than me. She was on the basketball team. She was strong and I was just kind of meek and mild. She wanted to beat me up. And we used to walk to the variety store.
- I was scared to death, but I had friends that were literally like an entourage and they supported me and they were like, no way, we're going to have to make sure that she gets stays away from you.
- She came up to me and she's bullying me and I was literally surrounded by friends and I felt so protected, scared out of my mind, but so protected.
- I've had a few of those moments in school like that and I look back now and I decided, you know, when I was I think 27 I took, took up martial arts and got myself a black belt in karate.
- Part of it was because I wanted to know how to defend myself physically in case I ever got into another altercation. But what I actually got more out of it was the sense of determination and mindset around protection of self.
- I think if anything, it taught me a lot about discipline for my own head space, if that makes any sense. So I don't feel bullied and haven't felt bullied for a long time.
Do you want to improve the focus, drive, and productivity of your employees? If so, you can learn how by downloading, '10 Simple & Effective Ways to Increase Mindfulness in the Workplace Now', a free PDF at MindfulnessMode.com/workplacep.