Jake Heilbrunn is an author and inspiration to youth everywhere. He has written for Psychology Today, Thought Catalog and Pick the Brain and has also written his own book called, Off the Beaten Trail. Jake writes a blog post every Wednesday for his blog, Eyes Fully Open and he's also a passionate speaker. At the age of 19, Jake has already achieved successes only dreamt about by many older authors. Jake experienced anxiety in his life and made valuable life decisions including adopting mindfulness tools to move through this stress. I am sure you'll be inspired by Jake during this interview.
Most Influential Person
- Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now Author)
Effect on Emotions
- It's definitely been a huge way for me to process difficult emotions. I think it was definitely easier for me to just ignore difficult emotions, but mindfulness has allowed me to just sit with those emotions so I can fully deal with them as opposed to just ignoring them.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is a huge part of my mindfulness practice. Whether it's surfing or working out or doing occasional transformational breathing classes or just sitting at home, breath allows me to lift weights or run more or if I'm sitting at home it allows me to facilitate getting into that state where I'm at that peaceful sense of mind.
- Book: Man's Search For Meaning By Victor Frankl
- Book: Off The Beaten Trail by Jake Heilbrunn
- App: Headspace