Fleet Maull is a meditation teacher, author, trainer, and coach who provides mindfulness-based emotional intelligence training to business leaders, managers, corrections professionals and prisoners, nonprofit leaders, professionals and clinicians, community activists and peacemakers around the world. He is also an acharya (senior teacher) in the Shambhala Buddhist community, as well as a Roshi in the Soto Zen lineage and Zen Peacemaker Order of Roshi Bernie Glassman. He founded both Prison Mindfulness Institute and the National Prison Hospice Association while serving a 14-year sentence for drug trafficking in a federal prison. He is the author of Dharma in Hell, the Prison Writings of Fleet Maull and his most recent book; Radical Responsibility: How to Move Beyond Blame, Fearlessly Live your Highest Purpose and Become an Unstoppable Force for Good.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- Chögyam Trungpa
Effect on Emotions
- It really allowed me to open up on my emotional life.
- I feel I'm so much more emotionally available.
Thoughts on Breathing
- The breath is very tied in on our physiology
- Any moment in which we are consciously aware of even one breath is a good moment.
- Book: Radical Responsibility
- Book: Mindfulness in Action – Chögyam Trungpa
- Book: Real-World Mindfulness – Brenda Salgado
- App: Insight Timer, Headspace, Breathe2Relax
- I was certainly bullied a bit in grade school. My name is Fleet, it's an unusual name and so when you're that age if you have anything different about you, you got to put up your dues.
- I did get beat up sometimes from bullying.
Get the Awaken With Focus 12-Minute Guided Meditation by Bruce Langford. Be alert and focused after waking. Feel invigorated, fresh and dynamic. Let your vibrancy feed those around you. Be the energetic person you desire to be. Click here: www.MindfulnessMode.com/AwakenWithFocus