Rob Dionne is a podcaster and fitness expert, based out of Los Angeles. He is the host of the Open Sky Fitness Podcast, and he specializes in helping busy people carve out time, both physically and mentally, to create a better quality of life for themselves and their family. Rob firmly believes that ‘lifestyle is the journey'. You might have heard Rob on the MindPump Podcast, The Growth Now Movement Podcast, The Side Hustle Show and many others, discussing his views on why the traditional approach to weight loss is a waste of time.
Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.OpenSkyFitness.com
- Offer: SkyfitChallenge.com (8 Week Challenge About Body Weight Including Nutrition Advice, a Cookbook, Workouts) $97.00
GET 50% OFF this price – Listen to end of the episode for Coupon Code
- Podcast: Open Sky Fitness Podcast
Most Influential Person
- My wife
Effect on Emotions
- It makes me present. It makes me observe the emotions I'm having and then actually dissecting why I'm having them rather than just letting those emotions control me.
Thoughts on Breathing
- One of the first steps that you learn when you're learning how to meditate is actually to focus on your breath. The breath is your connection to the moment.
- If you really, truly want to zone out of everything that's around you, close your eyes and just listen to your breathing. That's one of the most impactful things you can do.
- Book: Instead of a book, I suggest you take a mindfulness or meditation class or go on a Spirit Walk.
- App: Headspace and Insight Timer
- I was student council president in 9th grade. 7th grade to 9th grade I was very popular, my school career was budding. At the end of 8th grade, somebody came up to me and said, ‘you're super popular, you should try to be student council president. I won and became student council president in 9th grade. In 10th grade, I went to high school and I was immediately a small fish in a big pond.
- I was an outgoing kid, and I was used to dealing with my older sisters. I was being slightly bullied and I didn't know how to deal with it.
- Basically, I would push back. I was really small compared to a lot of these kids.
- I experienced bullying quite a bit in high school and I think that it did eat away at me.
- I think that mindfulness at a young age when you're being bullied doesn't come from your inner conversation, it comes from the conversation that your parents teach you how to have.
- As a kid, your inner child conversation is developed by conversations your parents teach you how to have.
Do you want to become more calm, relaxed, peaceful, and content? If so, you can learn how by downloading this free ‘Waves of Content' Meditation by Bruce Langford. Unlock the secrets of calm by downloading the meditation here at MindfulnessMode.com/wavesofcontent