Jim Harshaw Jr. is an NCAA Division I All American wrestler, former NCAA Division I head coach, internationallyrecognized TEDx speaker, personal performance coach, and host of the Success Through Failure podcast. He has impacted hundreds of thousands of lives across the world by helping clients and audiences increase resilience, maximize potential, and build high-performing teams. His clients include CEOs, entrepreneurs, and leaders from Fortune 500 companies as well as current and former athletes from the NFL, UFC, NCAA, and Olympics.
Listen & Subscribe on:
Most Influential Person
- Tom Perrin (Sports Psychologist)
Effect on Emotions
- I recently heard this – Losing your patience is weakness. I never really thought of this, but it really resonated.
- Losing control of my emotions is weakness, so you really have to force yourself to be present in order to control those emotions. That's being mindful, and mindfulness comes from meditation, journaling, coaching.
Thoughts on Breathing
- I have a breathing technique that I use. I learned this from Dr. Rob Gilbert of the Success Hotline. (Note: You can still call the Success Hotline at (973) 743-4690, but now, you can subscribe to this new podcast, and get his daily messages right to your device.
- This is a quick reset. Take a deep breath. Count down, 5,4,3,2,1. On the 5 count you relax from the knees down. 4 is upper legs, 3 is torso, 2 is arms, 1 is head up (head and neck).
- I was in sixth grade and I got bullied. I was a wrestler and I didn't know my own capabilities and strengths. I had an overwhelming self-doubt and lack of confidence.
- If I had known there was a councillor or therapist, people who could help me step back and evaluate what was happening, evaluate my thoughts, understand the language I could use against bullies, that would have been tremendously helpful. Going to therapy is a productive pause. It's not just showing up and going to school.
- 068 Connecting Diligence and Mindfulness with World Class Wrestler Riley Otto
- 229 Listen With Your Body, Mind, and Spirit With Sharon Carne of Sound Wellness
- 311 Become The Steward Of Your Emotional Dragon; Mellissa Seaman
|Use hypnosis to help others stop struggling with their deep-rooted issues like weight loss, smoking, painful experiences. Are you a coach or a healer who would love to have new skills to help your clients? Hypnosis can help people reach goals faster and easier than you thought possible. Become a hypnotherapist. The Cascade Hypnosis Center offers world-class training. www.CascadeHypnosisCenter.com|
|Have you been trying to break through a mind block? Are you discouraged? It’s not hopeless. YOU CAN DO IT. I coach people just like you. I’m Bruce Langford, a practicing hypnotist, and you will get results with my help! Feel good about your life and accomplishments. Regain confidence. Book a Free Consultation to get you on the road to being grounded and centered. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘I Believe In Me' in the subject line.|