Ramona Rice is a Sports kinda girl. At least that’s how she is known and loved by thousands of her followers. It wasn’t always that way though. Sports was of minimal interest in her life until she met James. James was a big guy, and a big time sports fan, and Ramona’s passion for James stoked a deep passion in Ramona for all things sports. Ramona even started her own Sports podcast called, The Sports Gal Pal.
Then the unimaginable happened. With a young marriage and two high energy children referred to by Ramona as her Tiny Humans, James suddenly died of a stroke. This was only six months ago. Ramona’s strength, her support team, mindfulness abilities combined with her writing and online content creation skills, have given Ramona the words to share her journey of grief so you can learn from her experiences.
- Company: Podcast Websites (Ramona is the Community Manager there) www.PodcastWebsites.com
- Podcast: We Should Not Be Friends (www.weshouldnot.com) Note: Rated R Not Suitable For Children
- Podcast: SportsGalPal (www.SportsGalPal.com)
- Twitter: @SportsGalPal
Most Influential Person
- My children. The way they handle their grief and their joy; their focus on today, they don't worry about today or yesterday.
Effect on Emotions
- Mindfulness helps me see what are truly emotions versus what is really happening. It gives you a clear-cut filter of what you're feeling and what is happening.
Thoughts on Breathing
- My therapist and I work on this. When I go in, he forces me to do breathing exercises so I calm down. It does help just to take a quick breath before you react. Just take 10 seconds. Do some deep Lamaze breathing, deep yoga breathing, where you breathe into the belly. It's amazing how much stress that relieves.
- Book: The Shack by William P. Young
- Book: Why Bad Things Happen To Good People by Harold Kushner
- App: Brainwave 32 (It plays pulsating waves which keep me focused)
Advice for Newbie
Start small, baby steps. Just pick one activity each day to be mindful for and a small amount of time. Whether you chose to follow a guided meditation or you chose to actively pray where you're actually focused on the prayer. Or you do devotional time, journaling. Even if it's something as simple as, I'm going to mindfully wash the dishes and not let my mind race off, but be clear in the present washing the dishes.