Nate Hockstra is an Elite Results Coach for the most well respected and the most popular peak performance coach in the industry. He’s coached over 300 people and logged over 2000+ hours of 1 on 1 coaching to help people get massive results in their life. Previous clients Nick has worked with range from a United States Navy Admiral, A-list Hollywood celebrities and industry leading, 8 figure entrepreneurs.
- Website: www.natehockstra.com
Most Influential Person
- A person who suggested mindfulness back in Nate's twenties.
Effect on Emotions
- It allows me to be aware of my emotions, then also lean into those emotions and figure out what they're trying to tell me or what it is that I'm experiencing. From that awareness, I'm able to change what I'm experiencing so it's almost like mindfulness has allowed me to become more masterful over my emotions.
Thoughts on Breathing
- Breathing is everything. The way that you breathe determines the way that you feel. Just last night, I could feel myself a little off, and I knew it was because I was breathing shallow. I took twenty minutes and sat up against the wall, closed my eyes and became one with my breath. Twenty minutes later it was like I was a new man. Breathing is everything.
- Book: The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
- App: Timer (on Phone)
Advice for Newbie
Learn to become aware of the state and the emotions that you experience on a moment to moment basis. Become aware of the way you feel and don't distract yourself. Don't push it away, lean into what it is you're feeling. Out of that you're going to understand so much more about yourself. You'll be able to permanently make changes whereas distraction is only a change for the moment. Do some journaling around the way you feel about your life. Meditation is always a great start, but start out with one or two minutes, rather than twenty minutes.