Listen & Subscribe on:
- Website: www.simonlovell.com
- Podcast: Unshakeable Leaders
- Book: The Black Ball: Does Anybody Else Have A Secret?
What Does Mindfulness Mean To You?
- Mindfulness means being aware of bringing ourselves back home to ourselves. Connecting with our body. I call it the Universal Slap. It's a reminder from the universe that we need to bring ourselves back to ourselves.
- One of my first bullying events was when I was about 6 years old and it was through a teacher at school. Imagine a classroom of 20 children and the energy of that room is green, green being positive.
- So you're 6 years old and you're in this room playing and you're talking about the Simpsons. Then a teacher who is very angry, comes into the room and says, ‘wipe that smile off your face, Lovell'.
- He shames me in front of the other kids at a key developmental age. This happened multiple times. I am now creating a story that says, I'm not good enough, what's wrong with you, you're bad.
- When it comes to your present life, that interruption of energy from green to red, when I'm being shamed by the teacher, it's called hyper arousal. It's that hyper arousal that sends you into fight or flight.
- If that doesn't get resolved, you will continue to live a life where, when I'm 13 years old and I'm in a shower room being bullied by a rugby kid, now based on the earlier event, do I now stand up to the bully in the shower room, or do I cower? I cower.
- Emotional Intelligence 4 Change With Robin Hills
- 203 Experience Less Stress By Being Aware of Your Emotions Says Joshua Spodek
- 156 Use Mindfulness As A Consciousness Says Market-LIke-A-Nerd Guru, Amanda Goldman-Petri
Support our Sponsor
|Are you a healer, coach or mentor? Use hypnosis in your practice to help others stop struggling with their deep-rooted issues with mindset or fears. Would you like to have new skills to help your clients? Hypnosis can help people reach goals faster and easier than you thought possible. Become a hypnotherapist. The Cascade Hypnosis Center offers world-class training. www.CascadeHypnosisCenter.com|
|Become more calm, focused, and happy by reading the top 12 books recommended on the Mindfulness Mode Podcast. This 14-page ebook entitled '12 Must-Read Mindfulness Books' outlines each of the top books recommended by guests on the show. Get your digital copy now at MindfulnessMode.com/top12books|
Note: The following transcript is a draft transcript, and as such, may contain computer-generated mistranslations. (Transcript coming soon).